Baby groups can be a real lifeline as a new parent; they have you a reason to get dressed and leave the house, there is a chance for you to talk to other adults and soft, sensory play for babies available. There are lots of potential ways to help your baby’s learning and development too. All sessions end with a circle time singing session, which both adults and babies love.
For you and your baby. These sessions enhance physical and emotional development through gentle massaging. Massaging supports the baby’s immune and digestive systems, it also helps to cleanse the skin and ensures flexibility. Massaging aids emotional development and bonding through eye contact, voice and touch with your baby!
We were very aware how difficult it is now for parents to weigh their babies and check that they are maintaining a healthy weight. Lots of the Health Centres/Clinic run a very strict appointment system and appointments are very hard to get. We have been fortunate enough to obtain a set of baby weighing scales and provide a weekday drop in session to enable parents to bring their babies in to be weighed.
This is a 10 week nurturing programme for parents and carers. Children are rewarding, stimulating and fun, but looking after them can be stressful and challenging. The nurturing programme helps deal with those challenges so that you can have a calmer, happier life. For further information please click the link below.
Stay and Play
Stay and Play sessions encourage children and parents to play and learn together to improve attachments, relationships, strengthen bonds, and support children’s overall development. There will be a variety of resources and play equipment and children will be encouraged to explore messy play and outside activities. Please wear suitable clothing.
Welcome to BEYA’s Childminding Group. We are a group of professional childminders, based in East Barnet and surrounding areas who are dedicated to supporting and motivating each other – sharing knowledge, information, expertise and helping our members to fill their vacancies. This group is for registered childminders and the children they look after. It is also open to parents who would like to meet local childminders. Are you a childminder living in or around the EN5 area? If so, why not pop along to our Childminding group every Wednesday morning for a fun-packed session of activities, stories and songs.
Come along and join us
Information for childminders
- Stay in touch with childminders in your area
- Create strong links with the community and help us to help you by promoting childminders as a high quality child care choice
- Support and advice
- Take part in community events as and when arranged
Information for Parents
- Childminders are registered and inspected by Ofsted to provide high quality childcare in their homes
- Childminders offer a safe, warm and caring environment in their own homes, where children feel welcomed and loved
- Children are cared for in small groups of mixed ages, where they are able to learn and develop at their own pace with guidance and support
- Childminders take children out to lots of different places, i.e the park, library, soft play, music groups, other childminder’s homes, toddler groups
- All childminders are CRB/DBS checked and hold Public Liability Insurance
- Childminders care for children following the Statutory framework of the Early Years Foundation Stage – ensuring that children get the best start in life and are developing well, whilst still recognising them as individuals.
- Childminders are qualified Early Years Educators.